Jobs at Drumlin Farm
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
About Mass Audubon
Mass Audubon is the largest nature-based conservation organization in New England. Founded in 1896 by two women who fought for the protection of birds, Mass Audubon carries on their legacy by focusing on the greatest challenges facing the environment today: the loss of biodiversity, inequitable access to nature, and climate change. With the help of our 140,000 members and supporters, we protect wildlife, conserve and restore resilient land, advocate for impactful environmental policies, offer nationally recognized education programs for adults and children, and provide endless opportunities to experience the outdoors at our wildlife sanctuaries. Explore, find inspiration, and take action at www.massaudubon.org.
About This Position
Drumlin Farm Camp is a farm and nature camp full of outdoor exploration, farmyard activities, teambuilding, games, and much more. We are looking for a fun-loving, organized After Camp Coordinator to manage campers and staff during afternoon activities, games, and nature exploration.
Join a positive, welcoming staff community in a beautiful place to share your love of nature and farming with children and youth!
Greater Boston and Worcester residents are strongly encouraged to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing the after-camp program including scheduling, leading or assisting with activities, ensuring the health and safety of all campers and staff, and requesting supplies.
- Develop positive relationships with caregivers and staff through regular communication; guide and evaluate after camp educator staff.
- Assist after camp staff to prepare and provide nutritious daily snack, and ensure that activities meet campers’ needs. (i.e. quiet activities like crafts, active games, and farm chores).
- Manage behavior and health incidents, including reporting via documentation system.
At Mass Audubon, our highest priority is finding the best candidate for the job. Research has shown that people of color and women are less likely to apply for jobs if they don’t believe they meet every one of the qualifications described in a job description. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our described qualifications or you have a less traditional background. We are looking for applicants with the following qualifications:
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old, have experience and enjoy working with children/ youth
- Must be able to work both cooperatively and independently, be flexible and responsible
- Demonstrated ability to promote and respect diversity
- Must have CPR / First Aid certifications current through August 2022 or willing to obtain before June (we will offer a class)
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive a minivan
Nice to Have’s:
- Experience supervising, evaluating, and providing feedback to peers or employees is helpful
- We encourage applicants with a diversity of interests and work experience to apply. Interest or studies in education, management, health, food justice, agriculture, environmental science, ecology, psychology, biology, earth sciences or related fields are helpful.
- Preferably has current EMT, WFA, WFR or similar certification
- Preferably has the ability to lead groups and move over rough terrain
Compensation & Benefits
This position’s base compensation range is $15.50 – 18.00 per hour; actual salary will reflect level of experience and qualifications relative to position requirements.
By working at camp, you can develop leadership, teaching, communication and risk management skills as you change kids’ lives every day. Play outside as you guide the future stewards of our planet, plus perks like:
- First Aid / CPR training – free class offered to staff in June
- Mass Audubon membership & reciprocity with New England museums, non-profits and cultural centers
- American Camping Association (ACA) membership & Pro-deal on Chaco footwear
- Network with Mass Audubon staff (conservation, education, climate science, sustainable agriculture)
This is not a benefits eligible position.
Monday–Friday, 1–6 pm.
Staff training: 8 am–4 pm, June 6–17, 2022 Camp: June 20, 2022 through August 19, 2022
Employees must successfully complete a CORI and SORI Background Check and a Motor Vehicle Record (if applicable) is required.
Mass Audubon requires that all staff, regardless of their work location, disclose their vaccination status. Proof of vaccination status will be required immediately upon hire. This should also include a booster shot if it has been 5 months since you were initially vaccinated.
Mass Audubon's Commitment To Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Justice
Mass Audubon's mission is to "protect the nature of Massachusetts for people and for wildlife" by building a strong coalition of employees, volunteers, and community members. We recognize that the environmental movement and field of conservation have been affected by societal systems that have limited opportunity and access for many people. As a result, Mass Audubon is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We are engaged in an ongoing process of organizational assessment and change, designed to remove barriers and create a workplace where all forms of diversity are recognized and valued.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Mass Audubon is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. Mass Audubon prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: