Poultry House at Drumlin Farm
The poultry barn at Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary is an example of how Mass Audubon is dedicated to utilizing green building practices.
Green Features of the Poultry House
- Passive ventilation design
- Rainwater collection system
- Re-use of existing structure
- Recycled Rubber Shingles - The roof of the poultry barn was replaced with shingles made of recycled rubber tires. These shingles are more durable than asphalt and make use of discarded materials.
- Poultry Pond deck and ramp made from wood fiber and recycled plastic