North River Wildlife Sanctuary
- 225 Acres
Plan Your Visit
North River Wildlife Sanctuary is named for the state-designated Scenic River that winds along its northern boundary. The sanctuary's fields, oak forest, and salt marsh attract a wide variety of birds and seals are often visible from the riverside platform.
Connect with North River
Birds & Birding
Walking & Hiking
- Foot travel only; please stay on trails (day passes are available for powered mobility devices)
- Dog walking and horseback riding are prohibited; please leave all animals and pets at home (service animals welcome)
- Camping, collecting, smoking, hunting, fishing, releasing of animals, and feeding wildlife is prohibited.
- Commercial photography needs prior approval; please see all photography guidelines.
- Nature Center/Museum, Universally Accessible
- Restrooms, Universally Accessible
- Trail, Universally Accessible
- Picnic Tables
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
Explore North River
Upcoming ProgramsSee More
Birding Explorations: Broad Meadow Brook Wildlife Sanctuary
North River Wildlife Sanctuary, Marshfield
Tuesday, December 5
Birds as a Pathway to Phenology: Daniel Webster Wildlife Sanctuary
Daniel Webster Wildlife Sanctuary, Marshfield
Thursday, December 7
Birding by Habitat: Woodland Hike
Tidmarsh Wildlife Sanctuary, Plymouth
Thursday, December 14
Stay Connected with North River
Don’t miss a beat on all the ways you can get outdoors, celebrate nature, and get involved.