Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary
- South Wellfleet
- 1183 Acres
Plan Your Visit
Wellfleet Bay provides peace and unmatched beauty on the hillsides and shoreline overlooking Wellfleet Harbor. Extensive trails bring you to a panoramic salt marsh, sandy barrier beach, and pine woodlands, each attracting a wide array of wildlife.
- 9:00 am-4:00 pm
- dawn to dusk
- 5 miles
- 0.5 universally accessible miles
- Adults $8
- Seniors (65+) $5
- Children (2-12) $3
- Foot travel only; please stay on trails (day passes are available for powered mobility devices)
- Dog walking and horseback riding are prohibited; please leave all animals and pets at home (service animals welcome)
- Collecting, swimming, wading, smoking, hunting, fishing, releasing of animals, and feeding wildlife is prohibited.
- Commercial photography needs prior approval; please see all photography guidelines.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Trail, Universally Accessible
- Nature Center/Museum, Universally Accessible
- Restrooms, Universally Accessible
- Picnic Tables
If you were here 150 years ago, you’d be in the middle of asparagus and turnip farms, open fields and salt hay meadows. Dairy cows grazed nearby.
You can contribute to Wellfleet Bay's conservation projects from rescuing stranded sea turtles to monitoring Diamondback Terrapins.
Explore Wellfleet Bay
Stay Connected with Wellfleet Bay
Don’t miss a beat on all the ways you can get outdoors, celebrate nature, and get involved.