Accessibility at Wellfleet Bay
Mass Audubon strives to create a welcoming presence for a wide range of visitors, including making our sanctuaries and nature centers more accessible for all to enjoy.
- Nature Center
- All Person Trails
- All-terrain GRIT Freedom Chair for use on the Goose Pond and Bay View Trails. Call 508-349-2615 to reserve.
- Seasonal Classroom, Gardens, Campground
What to Expect When You Visit
Are you preparing to visit us with your children or a group of students, including those with special needs? If so, we encourage you to review this step-by-step photo tour (Social Story) of Wellfleet Bay that shows you what to expect!
All Persons Trail
Mass Audubon created this self-guided, fully accessible trail so everyone could experience the very special nature of Wellfleet Bay. The sensory trail overlays the Robert R. Read-All Persons Pathway and Goose Pond Trail, which increases accessibility for all visitors.
Approximately one-quarter mile long from nature center to Goose Pond.
- Trail follows a wide path with a smooth, packed surface.
- There is a boardwalk at Goose Pond.
- At Marker 6, an optional short boardwalk leads to a sturdy dock.
- Most of the trail is level, with one gentle slope between Markers 4 & 5.
- There are no stairs or steep slopes.
- An audio tour is available for download.
You can download the audio tour and play it on your device.