Camping at Wellfleet Bay
Camping at Wellfleet Bay offers the natural world of the sanctuary for exploration and enjoyment. Our campground, which includes 17 campsites, is small, quiet, and rustic.
2023 Dates & Rates
Three-night stays, Thursday-Sunday (noon)
June 1-25 and September 21-October 1
$200 per three-night stay
Weekly stays, Saturday-Friday (noon)
July 1-September 15
$380 per week
- Restrooms with flush toilets & hot-water showers
- Picnic tables
- Trash barrels
Camping is available for Mass Audubon members only and membership must be active through the time you plan on camping. Not a member? Join today
To reserve a campsite, download the Campground Reservation, Rules, & Regulations form and submit via mail with full payment (or contact the office).
Please read carefully the rules and regulations (located on the second page of the form) before mailing in your reservation request. If you have any questions, please call us at 508-349-2615.
All refunds require 3 weeks' written notice by mail or email. Rates include a $50 non-refundable reservation fee. Reservations made less than 3 weeks in advance of arrival will not be refunded if canceled.
Arrival & Departure Times
For weekly stays, check-in is only Saturday, between 11:00 am-3:00 pm (There are no after-hours check-ins); Check-out is on or before Friday, no later than 12:00 pm. Campers will be charged a fee of $50 for late check-out.
Campers must check-in at the office before setting up on a campsite. The sanctuary's main gate will be locked at night and keys will be available to campers for a $50 deposit, refunded when key is returned.
- No open fires; gas stoves and above-ground charcoal containers can be used with care.
- No pets
- Limit of 4 structures per campsite (tents, pop-up trailers, tarps, etc.)
- Pop-up trailers and Teardrop trailers under 12ft box length, as well as small vans like VWs, are permitted.
- Limit of two vehicles (including trailer, motorcycles, and boats) per campsite. No large vans or truck bed units
- Overnight visitors are not allowed.