About Wellfleet Bay
Members Visit for Free
Wellfleet Bay provides peace and unmatched beauty on the hillsides and shoreline overlooking Wellfleet Harbor. Extensive trails bring you to a panoramic salt marsh, sandy barrier beach, and pine woodlands, each attracting a wide array of wildlife.
291 State Highway, Route 6, South Wellfleet, MA 02663
Get directions or contact us >
P.O. Box 236, South Wellfleet, MA 02663
Open Tuesday-Saturday, 9:00 am–4:00 pm
Restrooms are available in the Nature Center (face masks required indoors)
Open every day, 8:00 am–6:00 pm
Nonmembers: $8 Adults, $5 Seniors (65+), $3 Children (2-12), Free for children under 2
As a way to give even more people access to nature and to thank active military for their service, we are proud to offer:
EBT Participants: Free for up to 4 people when you show your EBT card
ConnectorCare Card to Culture Participants: Free for up to 4 people when you show your ConnectorCare card
Wonderfund Access: Free for up to 4 people when you show your Wonderfund card
Active-Duty Military: Free for up to 5 people with a valid military ID card
→ For your safety and to avoid conflicts with wildlife, please follow our sanctuary guidelines during your visit.
- Universally Accessible Nature Center
- Universally Accessible Restrooms
- Universally Accessible Trail
- Picnic Area
- Camping (members-only)
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
5 miles (0.5 miles universally accessible)
Details & map >
- Fiddler crabs scurrying in the salt marsh and Green Herons fishing in Goose Pond.
- Hands-on activities during marine cruises in Cape Cod Bay.
- Summer day camp programs designed to promote curiosity about the natural world.
- Year-round programs for all ages based on research and conservation projects focusing on threatened shorebirds, terrapins, horseshoe crabs, and sea turtles.
- Family camping at our members-only campground for exploration and enjoyment of the natural world.
- Cape Cod Field School with courses for adults that focus on the area's unique coastal environment and wildlife.