Jobs at Drumlin Farm
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Wildlife Care Internship - Fall of 2018 (August/September to December)
Assist Drumlin Farm's Wildlife Care staff with the general care and maintenance of a collection of native non-releasable wildlife.
- Diet preparation
- Enclosure maintenance and cleaning, feeding
- Some animal handling with supervision of staff members
- Interns will also have the opportunity to observe animal training, medical procedures and more advanced handling of raptors and mammals
- Interns will develop an independent project of interest to be completed in full during the course of the internship
- A recent college graduate or current college student pursuing a degree in Biology, Zoology, Ecology, or a related field
- Demonstrate a sincere passion for working with captive wildlife
- Candidates must be driven and responsible self-starters, who work effectively both independently and as a team player
- Interest in sharing information in a professional manner through informal education with farm visitors
- Ability to work in a physically demanding, fast-paced environment, on all types of terrain and in all weather conditions
- Ability to lift and haul up to 50 lbs., including bags of grain and bales of straw
- Successful candidates will also need to pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and driver's)
Compensation and Benefits
This is an unpaid internship.
This position is for the Fall of 2018 (August/September to December)
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to: