Jobs at Blue Hills
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Adventurer Camp Educator - Blue Hills
Adventurer Camp Educators lead groups of campers ranging from ages 11-14 during our summer camp located at the Norman Smith Education Center in the Blue Hills Reservation. The Adventurer group goes on field trips off-site 3 to 5 times a week depending on the week’s theme. Adventurer Camp Educators develop, plan, and implement age-appropriate nature-based activities, including hikes, games and crafts, supervise the health and safety of campers, and communicate with camp staff and parents. The end of each session includes an overnight on and off site.
- Applicants must be at least 21 with 2 years of driving experience and a clean driving record.
- Have an interest and general knowledge of natural history and/or education.
- Have or working toward a bachelor’s in environmental studies, biology, education or related field is preferred but not necessary.
- Must have previous experience working with and enjoy being with children; have the ability to lead groups over rough terrain and be able to work both cooperatively and independently, have a positive attitude, love of nature, and a willingness to learn.
- Current certification in Community CPR and First Aid or an equivalent current certification is required, Wilderness First Aid or equivalent is preferred.
- Successful candidates must pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and driver’s)
Compensation and Benefits
$12.75 - $14.50/hour depending on experience, housing available for $40/week.
Schedule: Training occurs June 8-12 and June 15-19. Camp runs Monday-Friday, June 22- August 21; Hours: 8:00am to 4:00pm with 4 overnights on Thursday-Friday evening. Because the Adventurers group runs 3 fewer weeks than the rest of camp there may be potential for additional hours during the weeks of June 26th, July 3rd, and August 21st if coverage is needed.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 references to:
Blue Hills Trailside Museum
1904 Canton Ave
Milton, MA 02186