Stony Brook Wildlife Sanctuary
- 107 Acres
Plan Your Visit
Known for its extensive boardwalk system that goes through forest, fields, and wetlands, Stony Brook offers up-close views of wildlife above and under the water. Located adjacent to the 140-acre Bristol Blake State Reservation, it's cooperatively managed with the Department of Conservation and Recreation.
- Foot travel only; please stay on trails (day passes are available for powered mobility devices)
- Dog walking and horseback riding are prohibited; please leave all animals and pets at home (service animals welcome)
- Camping, collecting, smoking, hunting, fishing, releasing of animals, and feeding wildlife is prohibited.
- Commercial photography needs prior approval; please see all photography guidelines.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Restrooms, Universally Accessible
- Trail, Universally Accessible
- Picnic Tables
- Nature Center/Museum, Universally Accessible
Explore Stony Brook
Stay Connected with Stony Brook
Don’t miss a beat on all the ways you can get outdoors, celebrate nature, and get involved.