Function Rentals at Stony Brook
Please note that all facility rentals are sold out for summer 2021. We will re-open the event booking calendar in the fall. To inquire about booking a rental, please complete the form linked below.
Stony Brook offers a unique, natural setting for your conference, business meeting, or social event. Enjoy all the sanctuary has to offer with a guided tour of the property, or arrange for an educational program on natural history topics.
We offer several rooms to fit your needs, including a large Program Room (with an Observation Deck), a Library, and a basement Camp Room.
Outdoor space is also available, weather permitting.
Types of Functions
Nonprofit conferences, business meetings, annual meetings, and social events.
We can also host birthday parties on Saturdays!
- Full Facility: 90 people
- Program Room: up to 50 people (depending on seating arrangement)
- Camp Room/Kitchen: up to 30 people
- Library: up to 10 people
- $500 Full Day (9 am–5 pm)
- $250 Half-Day (9 am–1 pm, 1 pm–5 pm)
- $300 Evening (5 pm–9 pm)
Hourly rates are also available at $50/hr for nonprofit groups and $70/hr for all other groups.
A nonrefundable deposit of $50 is required of all applicants, plus a refundable security deposit of $50. Please note that an additional charge of $70 per hour will be assessed if guests remain after the prearranged rental period.
Kitchen includes sinks, refrigerator, and freezer
Onsite parking available
Onsite A/V Equipment
Wi-Fi, projector, projection screen
- Use of Mass Audubon tables (6' or 8') and chairs (50) is included in the standard rental fees.
- The Nature Center building houses an art gallery and natural history library.
- Guided tours of the property or an educational program on natural history topics can be arranged at time the reservation is scheduled.
- Set-up and decorations must be approved prior to the event.
- The arrival of tents, caterers, etc. must be scheduled with the sanctuary staff at least two weeks prior to the event.
- Caterers must provide a Certificate of Insurance and a signed catering agreement.
- Nature Center & grounds are smoke-free environments.
- Alcoholic beverages are only permitted through a special permit via Mass Audubon.
- Responsibility for all setup and cleanup lies solely with the renter.