About Ipswich River
Ipswich River offers 12 miles of trails that invite you to explore the forests, meadows, wetlands, drumlin, and esker. You can also travel down the namesake river, which meanders through the sanctuary, by canoe. Whether exploring by foot or paddle, you will marvel at the diversity of wildlife, especially bird species; the sanctuary is part of the Eastern Essex County Interior Forest Important Bird Area.
12 miles Get details >
- Boulders stacked to create arches and a grotto setting, constructed in 1905, provide an adventurous walk along the Rockery Trail.
- Mass Audubon members-only benefits including renting canoes, camping on Perkins Island, or staying in our rustic cabin, the Innermost House.
- Summer day camps in Topsfield, Essex, and Marblehead designed to provide campers with a unique opportunity to learn about nature.
- Annual events like Halloween Happenings, Big Woods Hike, Maple Sugaring, Big Night, and Audubon Nature Festival.
- Travel programs to places such as Monhegan Island for fall migration and Downeast Maine to view puffins.
87 Perkins Row, Topsfield, MA 01983
Get directions or contact us >
May–October (current hours)
- Tuesday–Friday, 9 am–4 pm; weekends & Monday holidays, 9 am–5 pm; closed Mondays
- Trails: Tues–Sun & Mon holidays, dawn to dusk; closed Mondays
November–April (current hours)
- Tuesday–Sunday & Monday holidays, 9 am–4 pm; closed Mondays
- Trails: Tues–Sun & Monday holidays, dawn to dusk; closed Mondays
Nonmembers: $6 Adults, $4 Seniors (65+), $4 Children (2-12)
EBT Participants: Free for up to 4 people when you show your EBT card