Cabin Rental at Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary
Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary’s Innermost Cabin is available for rent to current Mass Audubon members. Rentals are available Friday and/or Saturday nights throughout the calendar year.
This rustic cabin, (approximately 9’ X 16’) was built 1915 and has no electricity or running water. It is located at the edge of the woods off our Innermost Trail, approximately 100 ft from the parking area.
- Space for 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
- Access to our public restrooms located a few hundred feet away
- Single bed & bunkbed (upper and lower bunks); an additional room with space for a small air mattress
- Small Table & 2 Chairs
- Wood burning stove (wood and kindling is provided)
- Picnic Table (outside)
Renters must provide:
- Bedding (sheets, pillows, sleeping bags)
- Battery operated light sources
- Cooking equipment such as Coleman stove or hibachi, pots, pans, eating utensils; note: contained cooking is permitted outside only
- Cooler and ice for food storage
- Water and water jugs
Availability and Booking
The Innermost Cabin is available for overnight rental for $65 per night to Mass Audubon Members age 18+ on Friday and Saturday nights. Please make sure your Mass Audubon membership is valid through reservation date.
To reserve, call 978-887-9264. Full payment must be received to complete reservation.
Rules & Regulations
We ask all renters to use the cabin as a quiet retreat to connect with nature and to observe the following rules:
- No tents are permitted outside the cabin.
- No pets
- Vehicles must remain in Visitor Parking lot for unloading and overnight parking; no driving up to cabin
- Do not use candles, oil, propane, or any open flame of any kind inside of cabin.
- No smoking.
- Fire pits or open fires are not permitted.
- Cooking must be done outside of the cabin on the front porch.
- Alcohol is not permitted.
- Firearms and fireworks are not permitted.
- All trash and recycling most be removed by you.
Check-In & Check-Out
- Check-in between 2 and 4 pm; if you are unable to make it before 4 pm, please notify us in advance.
- Check-out time is at 11 am.
In the event you need to cancel or change your reservation, please provide 7-days notice. If adequate notice is not given, the rental fee with be forfeited. No refunds can be offered. A re-schedule date is allowed if done with adequate notice 7 days prior to reservation. Rentals on holidays cannot be rescheduled.
We reserve the right to cancel any reservation due to severe weather or unexpected issues on sanctuary. A full refund will be issued if this occurs.