Jobs at Blue Hills
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Wildlife Care Internship - Blue Hills
The Wildlife Care Internship program at Blue Hills Trailside Museum is a unique and exciting way to gain invaluable, hands-on experience in the animal field. Qualified applicants will have the opportunity to work alongside wildlife care staff while learning and completing daily animal care tasks for a collection of non-releasable wildlife. Interns will assist in routine animal care including animal observations, diet preparation, enclosure cleaning and servicing, behavioral enrichment, and record keeping. Interns may also assist with exhibit design and construction, graphics, education programs and visitor service.
- Learn natural history information for animals residing at the Blue Hills Trailside Museum
- Diet preparation and feeding
- Enclosure cleaning and maintenance
- Some animal handling with supervision
- Opportunities to observe medical procedures, animal training, and more advanced handling of wild animals
- Observe, create, and document behavioral enrichment
- Gain exposure to other areas of the museum operations such as education and visitor services
- Current college student pursuing a degree in Biology, Zoology, Ecology, or a related field
- Must be responsible and self-driven with the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to work in a physically demanding, fast-paced work environment in all types of terrain and in all weather conditions
- Ability to lift and haul up to 50 lbs.
- Successful candidates will need to pass a background records check (CORI, SORI)
Compensation and Benefits
This is an unpaid internship
This position is for the summer of 2020 and although we can be flexible to accommodate school credit requirements, we do expect a minimum commitment of volunteering (unpaid) at least two full 8-hour days a week for 3 months.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to: