Jobs at Blue Hills
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Program Coordinator - Blue Hills
The Program Coordinator assists the Camp Director and Assistant Director in programmatic support during Blue Hills Summer Camp, located at the Norman Smith Education Center in the Blue Hills Reservation.
In conjunction with the Camp Director, he Program Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining the day-to-day needs of programming at camp, including supplies, curriculum advice, camper behavior management, and occasionally subbing as needed. The Program Coordinator will also run the CIT program, and offer support and advice to CITs throughout the summer.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years old.
- Have at least two years of camp experience in a leadership role.
- At least two years of experience working with and enjoy being with children ages 5-14 years old, have an interest and general knowledge of natural history and/or education.
- Must have the ability to lead groups over rough terrain and be able to work both cooperatively and independently.
- Must be comfortable in a leadership role, have strong interpersonal skills, have an enthusiastic and positive attitude, a love of nature and have a willingness to learn.
- Applicants must also possess effective communication skills, both written and verbal, computer skills in areas such as word processing, spreadsheets, database entry and online ordering.
- This person must be extremely organized and capable of juggling multiple tasks throughout the day.
- A driver’s license and clean driving record is required.
- Current certification in Community CPR and First Aid or an equivalent current certification is required.
- Must pass a background records check (CORI and SORI) and a driver’s license check
Compensation and Benefits
$13.00 - $15.00/ hour depending on experience, housing available for $40/ week.
Schedule: Training occurs June 8-12 and June 15-19. Camp runs Monday-Friday, June 22- August 21; Hours: 8:00 am to 4:00pm with occasional extra hours as needed. The Program Coordinator is the backup to the Assistant Camp Director in case the Assistant Director is unable to attend one of the on-site overnights.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 references to: