2023 State of Wellfleet Harbor Conference
Special Event: Saturday, November 4
9:00 am-12:00 pm
You're invited to the 2023 State of Wellfleet Harbor Conference! Stay up to date on what's going on in the harbor and hear the results from studies and surveys taking place.
- Update on the changes at the Duck Harbor overwash by Mark Borrelli, Center for Coastal Studies
- Survey results on a worm infecting wild and farmed shellfish in Wellfleet Harbor by Drew Davinack, Wheaton College
- What you should know about spraying for ticks and mosquitoes by Larry Dapsis, Cape Cod Extension Service
- 2023 survey results for horseshoe crabs on the Outer Cape and latest efforts to protect them statewide by Mark Faherty, Mass Audubon Cape Cod
- Update on the Herring River restoration work by Christa Drew, Friends of Herring River
- Results of spat survey and sediment accumulation in Wellfleet Harbor by Katherine Castagno, Center for Coastal Studies
The State of Wellfleet Harbor Conference is sponsored by Mass Audubon's Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, the Center for Coastal Studies, the Wellfleet Conservation Trust, Friends of Herring River, and the Natural Resources Advisory Board.
This year, the conference will take place via Zoom and at the Wellfleet Adult Community Center (formerly the COA) at 715 Old King's Highway, Wellfleet.
Registration is Recommended
There are currently no upcoming programs. Please check back again soon.