Jobs at Moose Hill
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Nature Camp Junior Leader - Moose Hill
Have fun this summer as you actively enrich the lives of children through hands-on nature activities, games and crafts! Explore our extensive trail system and the diversity of life found in our upland forest, meadows, red maple swamp, and vernal pools with small groups of campers.
Your role is two-fold—first as a counselor who supervises the campers’ health and safety, promotes positive youth development, and plays games and second as an instructor who connects children to nature through hand-on learning activities. We provide you with goals and some activities for each weekly session. You will work with other staff to create additional age-appropriate lessons, games and crafts. Training includes nature study elements as well as teaching techniques. To discover more about our Nature Camp program check out our summer camp brochure at Moose Hill Brochure, and discover more about us on our website, Moose Hill Camp!
- Applicants must be 16 or 17 years of age; have experience working with and enjoy being with children;
- Preference is given to applicants who have done a Mass Audubon LIT program.
- Ability to lead groups over rough terrain;
- Have strong communication skills;
- Must have the ability to design and implement nature-based activities including games and crafts;
- Preferred applicants will have a good amount of outdoor experience through a camp or organization like Scouts;
- Current certification in CPR and first aid is required (training opportunities are provided);
- Must pass a background records check (CORI and SORI).
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 42 hours a week. June 5 - June 14 is Staff Training and all new staff are expected to attend this training. Camp runs from June 17 and finishes August 23 with an option to work until August 30, 2019 for the last week of camp. We know that many High Schools will not be finished by staff training, and even by the time camp starts. We can work with your schedule finishing school.
A one-week unpaid vacation may be possible in June or July.
How to Apply
Rate of Pay: $12.00-$12.20 per hour depending on experience. Training is provided at $12.00/ hour.