Gentle trails wind through deciduous and evergreen forests, across meadows, and around ponds and vernal pools at Habitat, located just seven miles from downtown Boston.
A long-standing center for environmental education, Habitat offers year-round programs for all ages. The Georgian-style mansion and beautiful formal gardens can also be rented for weddings and other events.
Organized groups require advance reservations. Please contact us to schedule your visit.
10 Juniper Road, Belmont, MA 02478
Get directions or contact us >
Trails: Open every day from dawn to dusk
Nature Center: Closed
Members & Belmont residents: Free
Nonmembers: $4 Adults, $3 Seniors (65+), $3 Children (2-12)
As a way to give even more people access to nature and to thank active military for their service, we are proud to offer:
EBT Participants: Free for up to 4 people when you show your EBT card
ConnectorCare Card to Culture Participants: Free for up to 4 people when you show your ConnectorCare card
Wonderfund Access: Free for up to 4 people when you show your Wonderfund card
Active-Duty Military: Free for up to 5 people with a valid military ID card
- Universally Accessible Nature Center
- Universally Accessible Restrooms
- Universally Accessible Trail
- Picnic Area
- Electric Vehicle Charging
- Turtles basking on logs and frogs plopping in the water at Turtle Pond.
- The Habitat Intergenerational Program, which brings oldster and youngster volunteers together to work on environmental projects such as taking care of the trails and community and butterfly gardens.
- The less-traveled Weeks Pond Trail, where you can explore the pond and meadow beyond.
- The Western Greenway Trail, which runs 7 miles from Habitat to the Robert Treat Paine Estate in Waltham.