Gentle trails wind through deciduous and evergreen forests, across meadows, and around ponds and vernal pools at Habitat, located just seven miles from downtown Boston.
A long-standing center for environmental education, Habitat offers year-round programs for all ages. The Georgian-style mansion and beautiful formal gardens can also be rented for weddings and other events.
10 Juniper Road, Belmont, MA 02478
Get directions or contact us >
Trails: Open every day from dawn to dusk
Nature Center: Closed
Members & Belmont Residents: Free
Nonmembers: $4 Adults, $3 Seniors (65+), $3 Children (2-12)
EBT Participants: Free for up to 4 people when you show your EBT card
ConnectorCare Card to Culture Participants: Free for up to 4 people when you show your ConnectorCare card
- Universally Accessible Nature Center
- Universally Accessible Restrooms
- Universally Accessible Trail
- Picnic Area
- Electric Vehicle Charging
- Turtles basking on logs and frogs plopping in the water at Turtle Pond.
- The Habitat Intergenerational Program, which brings oldster and youngster volunteers together to work on environmental projects such as taking care of the trails and community and butterfly gardens.
- The less-traveled Weeks Pond Trail, where you can explore the pond and meadow beyond.
- The Western Greenway Trail, which runs 7 miles from Habitat to the Robert Treat Paine Estate in Waltham.