Plan Your Visit to Boston Nature Center
At the 67-acre Boston Nature Center in Mattapan, you can explore 2 miles of trails on your own or with us.
500 Walk Hill Street, Mattapan, MA 02126
Free, donations appreciated
As a way to increase access to nature, Mass Audubon also offers several free admission programs at our wildlife sanctuaries.
- Universally Accessible Nature Center
- Universally Accessible Restrooms
- Universally Accessible Trail
- Picnic Area
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
All of the land at our wildlife sanctuaries is protected. By conserving these open spaces, Mass Audubon, along with our members and partners, is able to fulfill its mission of protecting the nature of Massachusetts. When visiting, please take note of the following regulations:
- No dog walking or horseback riding; please leave all animals and pets at home (service animals welcome)
- No walking off trail
- No collecting or picking natural items
- No bike riding or operating motorized vehicles; day passes are available for powered mobility devices
- No running, swimming, or camping
- No operating drones or other remote-controlled vehicles
- No fishing, hunting, trapping, or releasing of animals
- No feeding wildlife
- No smoking
Mass Audubon welcomes visitors to capture the beauty and wonder of our statewide network of wildlife sanctuaries through photography. If you would like to use a wildlife sanctuary for commercial photography purposes, please review the complete guidelines and learn how to schedule a time.