Nature & Wildlife Frequently Asked Questions

Tree Swallow © Ann Marie Lally
Tree Swallow © Ann Marie Lally

Encountered an Injured Bird?

If you are positive that the bird is injured (as opposed to a young bird still learning to fly), please contact a state-licensed wildlife rehabilitator. They are the only people allowed to have wildlife in their possession.

Visit the MassWildlife website to find a licensed wildlife rehabilitator near you or call MassWildlife at 508-389-6300.

Have a question about the nature and wildlife of Massachusetts? Find answers to many of the frequently asked questions to below. 

Don't see your question below?

Try using use our search tool or contact us.



Reptiles & Amphibians