Trails at Wellfleet Bay
Due to construction, the following trails are closed to all visitors: Goose Pond, Try Island, and Boardwalk. All other trails are open. Read More >
The beautiful Esther Underwood Johnson Nature Center is an award-winning green building. Within the building there are exhibits, a Green Building "Trail", and a gift shop. Beyond the Nature Center, you can visit our wildlife garden, explore 5 miles of trails, and spend the night at a small campground for Mass Audubon members.
- Bay View Trail winds through shaded pine/oak woodlands.
- The Boardwalk crosses over the salt marsh to the beach!
- Goose Pond Trail visits a diversity of habitats; great for birdwatching, all-person accessible from the Nature Center to Goose Pond.
- Silver Spring Trail borders a small fresh water pond.
- Try Island Trail supports an oak/hickory woodland and views of Cape Cod Bay.
- All Persons Pathway and Sensory Trail, which includes an audio tour available for download.