About Wachusett Meadow
Wachusett Meadow is a former farmstead that offers spectacular scenery and supports abundant wildlife throughout woodlands, wetlands, and meadows. Historic buildings and barns are still in use for educational programming and resident sheep graze pastures. Our trails traverse many landscape features including Brown Hill Summit, Glacial Boulder, ancient trees, and beaver ponds.
113 Goodnow Road, Princeton, MA 01541
Get directions or contact us >
Nature Center: Tuesday–Saturday, 10 am–4 pm • Sunday, 11 am–3 pm
Trails & Restrooms: Open daily, dawn to dusk
Members & Princeton residents: Free
Nonmembers: $4 adults, $3 seniors (65+), $3 children (2-12)
As a way to increase access to nature, Mass Audubon also offers several free admission programs at our wildlife sanctuaries.
- Universally Accessible Nature Center
- Universally Accessible Restrooms
- Universally Accessible Trail
- Picnic Area
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
12 miles (universally accessible: 1,200 feet)
Get details & map >
All of the land at our wildlife sanctuaries is protected. By conserving these open spaces, Mass Audubon, along with our members and partners, is able to fulfill its mission of protecting the nature of Massachusetts. When visiting, please take note of the following regulations:
- No dog walking or horseback riding; please leave all animals and pets at home (service animals welcome)
- No walking off trail
- No collecting or picking natural items
- No bike riding or operating motorized vehicles; day passes are available for powered mobility devices
- No running, swimming, or camping
- No operating drones or other remote-controlled vehicles
- No fishing, hunting, trapping, or releasing of animals
- No feeding wildlife
- No smoking
Mass Audubon welcomes visitors to capture the beauty and wonder of our statewide network of wildlife sanctuaries through photography. If you would like to use a wildlife sanctuary for commercial photography purposes, please review the complete guidelines and learn how to schedule a time.
- Remarkably peaceful setting including scenic overlooks, expansive views, benches along many trails, and a great habitat diversity.
- Seasonal snowshoe & canoe rentals available for use on sanctuary trails and Wildlife Pond .
- Many options for short or extended hiking, and connections to Wachusett Mountain and the Midstate Trail.
- Seasonal special events, summer camp, and year-round educational programs for preschoolers to adults.
- Indoor and outdoor facility rentals offering scenic, natural setting for family events, retreats, and other gatherings.