CSA Work Shares
With CSA Work Shares, you will have the opportunity to work with our staff, get to know other CSA members, and learn about our organic growing practices in exchange for a full or half share—no prior farm experience is necessary. We offer CSA distribution work shares and field work shares. If you’re unable to make the full season commitment, we plan on hosting community volunteer days, announced through the newsletter, as needed.
Field Work Share
33 hours in exchange for a small share or $200 for a full share
Help us with a variety of field work including weeding, "thinning" carrots and beets, harvesting, washing, and planting all season long! Tasks vary depending on time of day and day of week. The work also varies seasonally and includes a lot of bending and lifting. Please be prepared to get dirty and work in rain, shine, or heat. Work shares are expected to follow quality guidelines when given. You may choose how to spread out your hours over the course of the 20-week season during the designated times.
- Tuesday and Thursday, 1:00-4:00 pm
- Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday: 8:00-11:00 am
CSA Distribution Work Share
54 hours in exchange for a full share
The CSA distribution work share is essential to making our CSA distribution and farm stand a success. You will be responsible for helping with all aspects of distribution to ensure each week runs smoothly.
- Greet CSA members, farm stand customers, and guests. Answer any questions or refer them to the on-site staff member as needed.
- Provide weekly pickup instructions and pick-your-own information.
- Keep produce bins well-stocked throughout the shift. Heavy lifting may be necessary at times.
- Use point of sale system for farm stand purchases, if needed.
- Maintain a clean and tidy pickup area both inside the barn and outside.
- Assist with set up during the 2-5pm shift or clean up during the 4-7pm shift.
- Create a positive, welcoming atmosphere for all community members.
- Must be comfortable sharing accurate information about our CSA procedures, growing practices, seasonal cooking, and other relevant knowledge. An informational training will be provided before the season begins!
- This is a weekly commitment. Occasional absences can be accommodated with prior notice or swapping with another workshare.
One shift available for each day/time.
- Wednesday, 2:00-5:00 pm and 4:00-7:00 pm
- Friday, 2:00-5:00 pm and 4:00-7:00 pm
How to Apply
Fill out this form.
Want to help the farm, but the options listed provide a hardship for you? Please contact us by email as we have a limited number of other, non-physical, work options available on a first-come, first-serve basis.