About Long Pasture
Members Visit for Free
Sandy beaches, butterfly-filled meadows, woodland trails, and farm animals combine to make Long Pasture a unique experience on Cape Cod.
Gentle, varied trails lead to a spectacular view, with Barnstable Harbor flanked by the dunes of Sandy Neck Barrier Beach. Explore our expansive tidal flats and join us for a kayak tour, boat cruise, or family nature program.
345 Bone Hill Road, Barnstable, MA 02635
Get directions or contact us >
Mailing Address: PO Box 235, Cummaquid, MA 02637
Discovery Center: Tuesday–Sunday, 9 am-3 pm; closed Sunday and Monday
Trails: Open every day, dawn to dusk
Restrooms: Indoor restrooms are located in the Discovery Center; outdoor portable restrooms are also available
Nonmembers: $5 Adults (13+), $4 Children (2-12), $4 Seniors (65+)
As a way to increase access to nature, Mass Audubon also offers several free admission programs at our wildlife sanctuaries.
- Picnic Area
- Nature Center
Details & map >
- Live animal exhibits representing local rare species conservation projects in the Nature Center.
- Year-round and seasonal programs and classes, including water-based programs such as kayaking, aquatic exploration cruises, tours of Cuttyhunk and the Elizabeth Islands, and Barnstable Harbor excursions.
- A licensed nature preschool program that connects ages 3-5 to the nature of Cape Cod.
- Gentle woodland and meadow walking trails that traverse a variety of habitats in the mid-Cape.
- Many species of butterflies to observe flittering around the Butterfly Mosaic trail and bees in action in the bee observation hive.
- A Nature Play Area, seasonal interpretive bee hive, Purple Martin colony, and seasonal goat encounter programs (great for young children!).