About Long Pasture
Sandy beaches, butterfly-filled meadows, woodland trails, and farm animals combine to make Long Pasture a unique experience on Cape Cod. Gentle, varied trails lead to what some have called a “million dollar view”—with Barnstable Harbor flanked by the dunes of Sandy Neck Barrier Beach. Explore our expansive tidal flats and join us for a kayak tour, boat cruise, or family nature program.
2.5 miles Get details >
- Live animal exhibits representing local rare species conservation projects in the Nature Center.
- Year-round and seasonal programs, including kayaking, aquatic exploration cruises, tours of Cuttyhunk and the Elizabeth Islands, Barnstable Harbor excursions, and other water-based programming.
- Gentle woodland and meadow walking trails that traverse a variety of habitats in the mid-Cape.
- Many species of butterflies to observe flittering around the Butterfly Mosaic trail and bees in action in the bee observation hive.
- A Nature Play Area, seasonal interpretive bee hive, Purple Martin colony, and seasonal goat encounter programs—great for young children.
345 Bone Hill Road, Barnstable, MA 02635
Get directions or contact us >
Tuesday–Friday, 9 am-4 pm; Saturday–Sunday, 10 am-3 pm; closed Monday
Trails: Daily, dawn to dusk
Nonmembers: $4 Adults, $3 Seniors (65+), $3 Children (2-12)
EBT Participants: Free for up to 4 people when you show your EBT card