Jobs at Felix Neck
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Education Assistant - Martha's Vineyard
Felix Neck is a vibrant educational resource for all Martha's Vineyard residents and island visitors. The Education Assistant commits the majority of her/his time to teaching introductory level programs to youth, families, and adults in accordance with Mass Audubon’s educational philosophy, goals, standards, and practices. The Education Assistant's engagement in program is full circle as they will assist with the coordination, preparation, and marketing of these educational programs and special events. Other time maybe used to serve as a resource on natural history, environmental policy, and conservation science issues for visitors, members, other staff, and volunteers.
- Prepare and teach educational programs to youth, families, and adults.
- Assist in the development and delivery of educational activities related to festivals, events,
- and camps and group programs.
- Maintain updated educational supplies, curricula, instructional materials, and resources.
- Assist in the evaluation of programs and other related activities.
- Assist in the planning, scheduling, and marketing of educational programs.
- Maintain accurate records of programs and program participants.
- Participate in planning, writing, and preparation of program catalogs, site-based informational brochures, and education related publications, including e-communications.
- Orient visitors, members, and community in Mass Audubon’s mission, programs, and
- Assist in activities during vacation weeks, camp, and special events.
- Support membership development and fundraising as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, biological, earth science, environmental studies, or equivalent, and a minimum of 1 year of experience in conducting educational programs.
- Ability to relate to a diverse range of people and exercise cultural competence and inclusion.
- Requires First Aid and CPR certification upon hire. Lifeguard certification must be obtained.
- Requires successful completion of a CORI, SORI, and driver’s record check.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a year round position and offers a competitive salary and full benefits package.
This position will average 30 hours per week and will increase to 40 hours during the summer months.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to: