Team Captain Important Dates & Responsibilities
Important Dates 2020
|February 26||2:00 pm||TeamRaiser webinar (pick one)||An overview of the fundraising website for team captains|
|March 3||11:00 am||TeamRaiser webinar (pick one)||An overview of the fundraising website for team captains|
|March 6||5:00 pm||Event Sponsorships due|
|April 21||12:00 pm||Bird-a-thon website opens to public||Registration begins through TeamRaiser website|
|May 12||5:00 pm||Team Rosters due||Download the Team Roster template >|
|May 20||5:00 pm||Species/Activities Reports due||Reporting method details will be sent to team captains|
|June 12||5:00 pm||Final Fundraising Estimate due||Plus list of High Flyers ($500+), top 3 fundraisers (with totals), Young Birders (with totals)|
1. Recruit team members.
- Recruit members, program participants, volunteers, donors, staff, and other community members to join the team (earn points/fundraise or be a Booster).
2. Encourage team members to fundraise.
- Communicate the importance of the money raised from Bird-a-thon for your sanctuary/program.
- Provide examples of what your sanctuary/program uses Bird-a-thon money for.
- Provide helpful tips and sample ask language.
3. Act as Bird-a-thon HQ's main contact and liaison for your team.
- You will receive a regular team captain bulletin with important information.
- It's recommended that you participate in one of two webinars in February/March demonstrating how to use TeamRaiser (our peer-to-peer online fundraising platform).
4. Track team and team member fundraising totals.
- We need this information at the end of Bird-a-thon to distribute individual and team prizes.
- You will be responsible for ensuring any fundraiser who raises $100+ and wants a BAT t-shirt receives their prize and reporting the names of those who raise $500+ to the BAT Coordinator.
5. Submit birding team roster(s), team species/activities report(s), final fundraising estimates, and list of High Flyers (including amounts raised) to BAT Coordinator on time.
- See list of important dates above
6. Oversee team compliance with the Official Bird-a-thon Rules and instructions from Wayne regarding responsible birding.