Berkshire Nature Camp at Wild Acres
Berkshire Nature Camp at Wild Acres is a free summer day camp for children who attend three public schools in Pittsfield, MA, thanks to a grant from the City of Pittsfield. Free bus transportation, breakfast, and lunch are provided.
About Wild Acres Camp
At Wild Acres day camp, campers ages 5–11 have fun and make friends as they discover the wonders of nature. Children will learn about plants and animals, play interactive games, and hike the trails to explore the nature all around us. Campers should be prepared to spend the entire day outdoors and dress appropriately for the weather.
Dates & Times
Weekly sessions from June 24–August 2 (no camp on July 4)
Monday–Friday, 9:00 am–3:00 pm
Wild Acres Conservation Area (also called Wild Acres Park)
South Mountain Road, Pittsfield, near the Pittsfield Municipal Airport
How to Register
Please note: Registration for Wild Acres camp is open only to children who attend one of three schools in Pittsfield: Morningside Community School, Conte Community School, and Crosby Elementary School.
- To register online for Wild Acres camp, click the link for your desired session dates from the list below your child's age group.
- Click the Register button and add a "Nonmember Child" to your cart. (If you know you are currently an active Mass Audubon member, you may choose "Member Child" but it is not necessary; it makes no difference which you select, the price is still free.) Repeat this step for any additional children you are registering for a camp session at Wild Acres.
- Click the "Continue to Checkout" button. You will be prompted to enter your email address. If you already have an account with Mass Audubon, you may login at this time, or you may create a new account.
- On the "My Account" page, click the "Add participant info" link. Add the child's name, date of birth, grade level, and gender to complete each child's profile.
- Click the "Check out now" button.
- Update your (the child's parent or primary caregiver's) contact information. The "Billing Address" is for contact information only; you will not be billed for Wild Acres camp. At least one contact phone number is required. Click the "Save" button, then click the "My Account" button to return to your account page.
- Select "Check out now" and then click the "Register" button to complete your transaction. At a later time, you will be asked to provide health information about your child via CampDoc, a secure system we use to store medical records that enable us to provide the best possible care for your child.
Age Groups & Session Dates
NOTE: There will be no camp on July 4.
Wood Frogs (Ages 5–6)
Painted Turtles (Ages 7–8)
Great Blue Herons (Ages 9–11)
*No camp on July 4
If you have questions or need assistance signing your child up for camp, please contact the appropriate person for your child's school, as listed below:
Morningside Community School
Conte Community School
Crosby Elementary School
Or call 413-448-9670