South East Field Schools
Explore all that the Southeastern coastal communities of Massachusetts have to offer during one of our three-day Field Schools. Beautiful coastlines, barrier beaches, salt and freshwater marshes, and our wildlife sanctuaries provide classrooms for active, in-the-field experiences.
Taught by scientists, naturalists, artists, and educators, you will gain a deeper understanding of the area’s fascinating natural history and the factors that shape our habitats.
2024 Field School Dates
- Celebration of Spring - May 17-19
- Salt Marsh Ecology and Intertidal Zones - June 14-16
- Waterways and Natural History of Southeast Massachusetts by Kayak - September 27-29
- 3:30 pm — Arrival and Introduction to Course
- 5:30-8:00 pm — Group Dinner & Activity
- 8:00 am-4:00 pm — Field Trips & Workshops
Who Should Attend?
Courses are for adults ages 18 and over. Ages 15 to 17 are welcome to attend, but only with prior approval and they must be accompanied by an adult guardian registered for the same course.
A Certificate of Attendance is offered for those seeking professional development credit for courses.
Good to Know:
- Housing is not available. We can provide a list of recommended local motels.
- Individuals are responsible for their own meals, except when noted in the detailed course descriptions online.
- Courses are taught primarily outdoors and most require moderate physical activity. We do make accommodations for severe weather.
- Participants may need to provide their own transportation to field trip locations.