Joppa Flats Education Center
- 50 Acres
Plan Your Visit
Celebrate region’s wildlife-rich habitats through guided tours, marine touch tanks, art exhibits, drop-in programs, and interpretive displays.
- Foot travel only; please stay on trails (day passes are available for powered mobility devices)
- Dog walking and horseback riding are prohibited; please leave all animals and pets at home (service animals welcome)
- Camping, collecting, smoking, hunting, fishing, releasing of animals, and feeding wildlife is prohibited.
- Commercial photography needs prior approval; please see all photography guidelines.
- Nature Center/Museum, Universally Accessible
- Restrooms, Universally Accessible
- Picnic Tables
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
Explore Joppa Flats
Upcoming Programs on the North ShoreSee more
Wednesday Morning Birding
Newburyport and vicinity
Wednesday, October 4
Friday Morning Birdwatching
Rough Meadows Wildlife Sanctuary, Rowley
Friday, October 6
The Wonder and the Wow: Foliage and Forest Wildlife
Cedar Pond Wildlife Sanctuary, Wenham
Saturday, October 7
Stay Connected with Joppa Flats
Don’t miss a beat on all the ways you can get outdoors, celebrate nature, and get involved.