Opening Doors to Nature Campaign
→ We've reached our goal! ←
We Did It!
Thanks to our amazing community, we met our matching challenge and reached our $1,125,000 goal! We look forward to opening the doors of the new building later this spring, so stay tuned for more details.
This summer, we're planning to plant native woody shrubs and wildflowers around the new building as well as upgrade our accessible Picnic Area. Your additional support will ensure these outdoor projects can be completed—so please consider making a gift today!
We want to make nature in the Berkshires accessible and welcoming for all.
You made it happen!
|Donate Now >|
For more than 90 years Pleasant Valley has welcomed visitors and served the community as a vibrant hub of conservation, environmental education, and outdoor recreation in the Berkshires.
Our work cultivates a positive, personal connection to nature and inspires individual action to protect the environment for the more than 30,000 visitors and program participants we serve annually.
Completing this project will improve our ability to meet the needs of our Berkshire community and visitors to the region for high-quality public nature programming, outdoor recreation, and nature-based education for decades to come.
But we can't do this without your support.
Please help us reach our goal by making a gift today!
Add Your Name to the Donor Wall
Donors who give $1,000 or more will have their names added to a permanent recognition plaque that will be displayed in the new building.
Pleasant Valley's outstanding scenic beauty, varied trail system, and knowledgeable front desk staff draw visitors to the sanctuary. Our creative nature-based programming is seen as a vital community resource that supports curiosity, scientific exploration, and self-discovery. But the sanctuary's aged facilities lack the accessibility and amenities needed to support collaboration, creativity, and expansion.
As Berkshire residents and tourists increasingly spend time in nature, it is essential that our sanctuary welcomes and accommodates the diverse needs of modern visitors. These facility upgrades would allow us to meet the growing demand for visitation, programs, and partnerships while welcoming all to find their connection to nature.
This project will strengthen our capacity and ability to serve all who want to connect with nature in the Berkshires. Our goal of $1,125,000 will finance an addition to our 18th century barn that includes:
- a new lobby area where visitors can view interpretive maps of Pleasant Valley, take in educational displays, and gather for programs
- extensive decking that creates an accessible outdoor space for programs and activities
- a small, accessible kitchen that enables refreshments to be served at rental functions, programs, community gatherings, and fundraisers
- modern restrooms on the same level as the barn, including those that are gender neutral, fully accessible, and family-friendly
- storage space that protects conservation and education equipment utilized by program participants and volunteers
Your support of this campaign will help Pleasant Valley secure its spot as the leading destination for high-quality public nature programming, outdoor recreation, and nature-based education in Berkshire County. Thank you!
- Donate Online >
- By Phone: Call Stephanie Bergman at 413-728-4858
- By Mail: Download the donation form and return it with payment to Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary (472 West Mountain Road, Lenox, MA 01240)
- Make a Pledge: To pledge a gift to this campaign, download the pledge form and return to the address specified on the form.