Support Moose Hill
Reasons to Support Moose Hill
Since 1916 when Dr. George Wilton Field first loaned Mass Audubon land for a bird sanctuary, Moose Hill has been a place for native wildlife, education, and exploration. As the oldest Mass Audubon wildlife sanctuary, and protecting more than 1,900 acres, we offer diverse hiking trails through forests, fields, and wetlands. We could not accomplish all that we do without the generous support of our members, donors, volunteers, and program participants. Find out how you can help >
Connecting People and Nature
At Moose Hill, we take pride in providing countless opportunities for exploration in every season, whether self-guided or as part of an engaging program. For example:
- Adult birding excursions both on-site and across the region, led by experienced leaders for visitors of all abilities.
- Natural history walks to explore the trails and learn about the flora and fauna found at Moose Hill though out the year.
- Day camp sessions for 1,100 campers of all ages focusing on nature, farming, art, science, and adventure.
- School programs both on- and off-site for over 7,500 students, providing unique opportunities to observe and enjoy plants and animals up close.
- Annual special events such as Halloween Prowl, Maple Sugaring Weekends, Mother’s Day Nature Walk and Breakfast, and a Native Plant Sale.
- A thriving Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program providing organic vegetables for almost 400 families and several local food pantries.
- Make a donation: Every little bit helps us to continue our programming and develop new and exciting opportunities for people of all ages. Donate today >
Become a Leadership Friend: Leadership Friends gifts are particularly important to Moose Hill, giving us the security we need in order to plan and provide the best possible natural history education experience for our many constituents.
Please consider joining our:
- Founder’s Circle with a gift of $2,500+
- President’s Circle with a gift of $1,250+
- Guardian level with a gift of $750+
- Volunteer: We are always looking for helping hands to help. We have opportunities to help with trail maintenance, to assist us on the farm harvesting or weeding, and to participate in our special events as a lead or a character. Find a list of current volunteer opportunities or contact us to learn more.
- Support the creation of a Nature Play Area: You can help create an inviting and fun new experience at Moose Hill!