About Eagle Lake
With everything from large red oaks to extensive wetlands, Eagle Lake supports a wealth of wildlife. The canopy of mature forest provides nesting sites for Scarlet Tanagers, Great Crested Flycatchers, and Rose-breasted Grosbeaks. The pond attracts numerous waterfowl during spring and fall migration.
- Many pleasant overlooks of Eagle Lake as you hike the trail.
- The white and pink flowers of mountain laurel, which blossoms in late spring.
- The walk along Asnebumskit Brook to admire the bright red cardinal flower in late summer and large oaks year-round.
- Barred Owls sunning on tree branches during winter.
- Public programs sometimes scheduled through Broad Meadow Brook and Wachusett Meadow wildlife sanctuaries.
Trails: Daily, dawn to dusk
Free, donations appreciated