The Campaign for Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary
We're looking to make some ambitious site improvements at Broadmoor, from our grounds to our buildings to our trails, and we need your support. Every dollar will be invested to create a more welcoming, accessible and engaging sanctuary for you to connect with nature.
Building and Grounds Improvements Complete!
Come see what YOU made possible.
- Accessible trail extension to the new observation outlook over the field.
- New Welcome Center entrance and improved accessibility for all visitors.
- Nature play area for children and families—opening April 2017.
- Installed a stone wall overlooking the field for resting and watching wildlife.
- Redesigned the entry from Eliot Street with improved visibility for safety.
- Parking lot upgrades including resurfacing, removal of invasive plants, and new signage.
- New shade trees, native plants, and wildflowers.
Next Up: Improving Our Trails
We want all of our visitors to explore nature safely and comfortably.
To ensure your safety on our trails, we have planned the following:
- Complete an assessment of all nine miles of Broadmoor’s trails—fall/winter 2016-2017.
- Identify the necessary improvements: removing obstacles to safety; rerouting trails where needed; constructing bridges and boardwalks over wet areas.
- Obtain cost estimates, identify funding sources, and secure support.
- Implement trail improvements.
How You Can Help
If you would like to help, your gift is most welcome. Click on the Donate button above to make an online donation. For additional information on the projects and other ways to give, please contact Sanctuary Director Elissa Landre by email or at 508-655-2210.