Report Hummingbird Sightings
Ruby-throated hummingbirds are tiny and fast and can be difficult to find, but fortunately they just love to visit gardens and hummingbird feeders. If you’ve gotten a visit from a hummingbird recently, we want to know about it. Mass Audubon can use these data to better understand trends in hummingbird population and distribution.
When reporting a hummingbird sighting, please be sure to include:
- Where you saw the hummingbird. You can pinpoint the exact location on our interactive Google map.
- Whether you have a garden for hummingbirds or not
- When you saw the hummingbird
- Whether it is engaged in nesting or feeding young
- Any other notes or observations you have
Learn more about ruby-throated hummingbirds, including how to attract them.