Facility Rentals at Blue Hills Trailside Museum
The Blue Hills Trailside Museum has two unique spaces, Trailside Museum Auditorium and the Norman Smith Environmental Education Center, that can be rented for meetings or special events.
To inquire about availability for either location, please email us.
Trailside Museum Auditorium
The spacious auditorium within our universally accessible natural history museum overlooks a beautiful pond teaming with wildlife. Booking includes admission to the Trailside Museum.
Types of Functions
Meetings, workshops, small conference, or community gatherings
75 people; comfortably seats up to 50 people
Wednesday-Sunday, 9:00 am-4:00 pm
$100 per hour; When planning the time needed for your function, remember to include time for all set-up and clean-up.
- Access to WIFI and ceiling projector
- Tables and chairs
- Access to Blue Hills Reservation’s trail system
- Access to Trailside Museum exhibits and grounds
- No food storage/prep
Trailside Museum is a carry-in/carry-out facility—renters are responsible for removing all trash and recyclables from the site. No Smoking, vaping, alcohol, candles, balloons, and pets are prohibited.
Norman Smith Environmental Education Center
Located at the top of scenic Chickatawbut Hill in the Blue Hills Reservation, this natural and off-grid setting offers breathtaking views of Boston and the surrounding area.
Pending availability, groups can request to add staff led programs to the itinerary that may include a campfire, live animal presentations, guided nature walks, scout badges, or other natural history programs. Note: This site is not open for public visitation.
Types of Functions
Meetings, workshops, conference or community gatherings, retreats
100 people; dormitory sleeps up to 50 people
September 1–May 31
Chickatawbut Hill Day Rentals:
- 1–4 hours $400, includes dining hall, kitchen use, and outdoor space
- Each additional hour: $100
Chickatawbut Hill Overnight Rentals:
- Overnight $800 for up to 25 people, includes kitchen use, dining hall, outdoors and dormitory
- $20 for each additional person, maximum of 50 people
- Commercial-sized kitchen; some tableware for guest use
- Please inquire about A/V Equipment
- We provide rooms with bunk style beds.
- Cell phone and internet access is very limited.
- Please bring your own bed linens, blankets, pillows, towels, and toiletries.
The Norman Smith Education Center is a carry-in/carry-out facility—renters are responsible for removing all trash and recyclables from the site. No Smoking, vaping, alcohol, candles, balloons, and pets are prohibited.