Ask a Question About Wildlife in Massachusetts

Raccoons © Kim Nagy
Raccoons © Kim Nagy

Encountered an Injured Bird or Animal?

If you encounter sick, orphaned, or injured wildlife, take a moment to follow these steps. Once you determine the animal or bird is truly injured, please contact a professional wildlife rehabilitator. They are the only people allowed to have wildlife in their possession.

Find a state-licensed wildlife rehabilitator near you. If you need immediate assistance, call MassWildlife at 508-389-6300 (Monday-Friday, 8:00 am–4:30 pm).

Wondering if you really saw that robin in winter? Have a run-in with a wild turkey? Find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.

Still can't find the information you're looking for? Complete the form below or call 781-259-2150. 

Note: We are unable to answer questions about wildlife outside of Massachusetts. 

Submit a Wildlife Question

Questions submitted via this form will be answered within 3-5 business days. 

All fields are required unless otherwise noted. 

Questions marked with * are required.