Jobs at Felix Neck
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Visitors Services Representative
Mass Audubon is looking for an energetic, organized, team-oriented Visitor Services Representative to perform the day-to-day duties of visitor engagement operations and to ensure an overall positive, welcoming, enriching, and safe experience to all of our members, visitors, and guests. The Visitor Services Representative is specifically responsible for providing excellent customer service while greeting and registering visitors in person and by phone, providing orientation to the sanctuary, directing visitors throughout the property and trail systems, answering questions about events and programs, monitoring building and grounds, introducing visitors to the many benefits of Mass Audubon membership, and generally educating guests about Mass Audubon. The Visitor Services Representative has an important and integral role as a welcoming, customer-oriented ambassador of Mass Audubon properties, programs, and mission.
- Greet and provide information to members, visitors, and guests regarding visitor center, sanctuary, trails, programs, and Mass Audubon in general.
- Answer phone calls/monitor voice mails and provide information, guidance and direction.
- Assist with program registrations.
- Update visitor signage, brochures and bulletin board information.
- Understand and promote membership opportunities.
- Use a cash register and credit card machine for program registrations, admissions, memberships, and gift shop sales.
- Monitor and maintain buildings, parking lot, and grounds for cleanliness.
- Work with Property staff to monitor trail conditions.
- Assist in cleaning and sanitation in accordance with COVID-19 compliance plan.
- Occasionally assist during special events.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Customer Service/Visitor Service experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent people skills and enthusiasm for a team working environment.
- Organized with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Office skills including computer, copier, scanning, and phone system.
- Experience with varied computer software programs (Office 365, Outlook, Word, Excel).
- A demonstrated ability to work well with other staff, volunteers, and community representatives as well as independently when necessary.
- Ability to relate to a diverse range of people and exercise cultural competence and inclusion.
- Requires successful completion of a CORI and SORI.
The position may include Saturdays and Sundays for up to 16 hours per week.
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: