Jobs at Broad Meadow Brook
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off.
Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Current Employment Opportunities
Toddler and Preschool Teacher Naturalist
We are seeking an enthusiastic teacher naturalist to work with toddler, preschool and early elementary school children throughout the school year. The teacher will implement a nature based, hands on, multi-sensory curriculum both on and off the sanctuary. The teacher must maintain a warm, professional relationship with children, their parents and caregivers.
- Teach educational programs to youth and families, with an emphasis on toddler and preschool aged programs. Program development is required.
- Provides a physically and emotionally safe environment for young children both indoor and outdoor settings
- Help support a curriculum that reflects the needs of the children and the mission of Mass Audubon, including using the outdoor setting whenever possible.
- We teach in all weather, so you must be comfortable and prepared to lead programs in all weather including rain, snow, heat and cold.
- Attend sanctuary teacher naturalist staff meetings
- Must have a diverse nature background.
- Experience and/or education classes focused on providing education and care to young children.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and respect diversity of ethnic, cultural, linguistic backgrounds and, physical and mental disabilities.
- Commitment to helping others develop an understanding of and concern for the environment and people’s relationship to it.
- Able to move around on uneven surfaces.
- Must be willing to drive to off-site locations for programming.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Must pass a background records check (CORI and SORI) and Driver's record check
Compensation and Benefits
$14.50 per hour
This is a part time seasonal position with fluctuating hours mostly during the school year
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
414 Massasoit Rd.
Worcester, MA 01604