About Broad Meadow Brook
Broad Meadow Brook in Worcester is the largest urban wildlife sanctuary in New England, with more than 400 acres cooperatively managed or owned by Mass Audubon. Interpretive signs will guide you along well-marked trails through woods, fields, streams, and marsh.
The sanctuary also provides information about the National Park Service's Blackstone River Valley National Heritage Corridor.
414 Massasoit Road, Worcester, MA 01604
Get directions or contact us >
Tuesday–Sunday, 12-4 pm
Restrooms, gift shop, & exhibits are located in the Nature Center
Open daily, dawn to dusk
→ For your safety and to avoid conflicts with wildlife, please follow our sanctuary guidelines during your visit, including leaving dogs at home.
Members, Worcester residents, & GWLT members: Free
Nonmembers: $4 Adults, $3 Seniors (65+), $3 Children (2-12)
As a way to give even more people access to nature and to thank active military for their service, we are proud to offer:
EBT Participants: Free for up to 4 people when you show your EBT card
ConnectorCare Card to Culture Participants: Free for up to 4 people when you show your ConnectorCare card
Wonderfund Access: Free for up to 4 people when you show your Wonderfund card
Active-Duty Military: Free for up to 5 people with a valid military ID card
5 miles (universally accessible: 1 mile)
Get details & map >
- Universally Accessible Nature Center
- Universally Accessible Restrooms
- Universally Accessible Trail
- Picnic Area
- Sensory Trail, a rope-guided, universally accessible trail with interpretation available in audio tours, large print, Braille, and tactile formats.
- Oasis in the city with access to the brook under shady, mature trees and well-marked trails throughout.
- Nature Play Area where kids can design gnome homes, climb on large logs, and enjoy the two-seater wooden swing.
- Some 80 species of butterflies, 164 bird species, 700 plus plant species, and a diversity of wildlife habitats.
- Seasonal special events, summer camp, and year-round educational programs for all ages.