BNC Pathways to Nature Preschool
Upcoming Open Houses
All open houses run from 9:00 am-10:30 am. To register for any of these Open House events, please email us.
(full) Saturday, October 13, 2018
(full) Saturday, November 17, 2018
(full) Saturday, March 16, 2019
Saturday, April 13, 2019
Saturday, May 11, 2019
Saturday, August 3, 2019
Pathways to Nature provides a high-quality nature preschool for children ages 2.9 to 6. Each day children discover the natural world through activities fostering academic and emotional/social growth.
Preschool teacher naturalists provide a flexible program that offers a variety of activities that will enhance children’s appreciation of nature, environmental education, and science learning. The program emphasizes child-centered exploration and inquiry-based learning with a child’s interests and learning styles influencing specific activities.
Pathways to Nature recognizes the various needs of children of different ages, cultures, and ethnic backgrounds, learning styles, and stages of development to create a safe, engaging atmosphere for young learners.
Goals of the Program
Pathways to Nature offers an educational and nurturing program that is hands-on and inquiry-based. The goals of Pathways to Nature are to:
- Provide children with a safe environment to grow, learn, and respect people and nature.
- Connect children to nature to develop a lifelong passion for the environment and its stewardship.
- Help children recognize the natural world as part of the urban environment.
Children explore, discover, observe, and experience the natural world using all of their senses while developing an appreciation for nature. Structured and self-directed play nurtures children’s imagination, creativity, and self-esteem.
This program is licensed by the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care. The BNC is in compliance with the design standards for building accessibility in 521 CMR (Architectural Access Board).
Pathways to Nature preschool programs offer a number of options for families. Please Note: Families provide lunch and snacks for all preschool options.
Busy Bees & Curious Crickets
Our full-day programs run from 8:00 am–3:30 pm. The Busy Bees class is for children turning 3 years old by September 1. The Curious Crickets class is for children ages 3 years 8 months and up.
- The full-day school year runs from September 10, 2018 – August 23, 2019.
- Tuition for these programs is based on a sliding scale.
- Extended afternoon hours are available from 3:30 pm-6:00 pm for an additional charge.
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
Tuesday & Thursday
Our half-day program, Daring Dragonflies, is tailored for children from the ages of 2 years 9 months to 3 years 5 months.
- This is a 5-day program that runs Monday-Friday from 8:30 am–12:30 pm.
- The half-day school year runs from September 10 – June 21, 2019.
- Tuition for this program is a flat fee of $720/month.