Jobs at Boston Nature Center
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off.
Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Full Time Preschool Teacher 40 hours a week – Boston Nature Center’s Pathways to Nature
We are looking for a full time (40 hours a wk) Preschool Teacher (DEEC teacher qualified, or willingness to obtain license) who possesses the following dispositions and skills.
- A love of nature and teaching outdoors with children ages 3-6 years old;
- A deep respect for the competencies of young children
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and families; must have excellent communication skills and a warm, professional relationship with children, families and the education team
- A love of nature and teaching outdoors, which requires having appropriate clothing for the weather each day. Preschool teachers will spend 4 or more hours daily outdoors with the students during all seasons.
- Provides a physically and emotionally safe environment for young children both indoor and outdoor settings
- Working as a team to plan and implement a developmentally appropriate, inquiry based, nature/science curriculum that reflects the needs of the children, the standards for early childhood education and the mission of Mass Audubon under the supervision of the director.
- Create detailed observations and notes, documenting the students learning.
- Participate in parent/teacher conferences and other community engagements.
- Follows protocols established by the Boston Nature Center and all other preschool required regulations.
- Helps maintain the physical environment by contributing to housekeeping tasks as needed.
- Maintains schedule as determined by the Preschool Director.
- Background in Early Childhood education preferred. Preschool Teacher Certification or willingness to obtain.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work cooperatively and independently required.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and respect diversity of ethnic, cultural, linguistic backgrounds and, physical and mental disabilities
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and commitment to helping others grow in understanding of and concern for the environment and people’s relationship to it
- Current First Aid/CPR or willing to obtain
- Successful candidates will need to pass a back records check (CORI, SORI and Fingerprinting)
Compensation and Benefits
Salary: $17.00-18.00 an hour based on experience. Full time (40 hours) plus full time benefits.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to: