Enter the Arcadia Climate Change Video Contest
Presented by UMass Isenberg School of Management Marketing Department
As a part Mass Audubon's statewide strategy to address the effects of climate change, Arcadia has been designated as a Climate Action Center. Our goal is to increase understanding of how climate change will impact us locally and inspire action.
While climate change is a global issue, solutions start at the local level. And engaging and educating our community is essential to success. That is why we have partnered with the UMass Isenberg School of Management Marketing Department to host the Arcadia Climate Change Video Contest.
The submission period runs September 9–November 10, 2019. Winners will be announced in early December 2019.
Who Can Enter
Anyone age 29 and under is welcome to submit a video. Employees of Mass Audubon or the UMass Isenberg School are not eligible to participate.
In addition to the cash prizes below, all winners (and possibly other submissions as well) will be promoted on Arcadia's Instagram and Facebook pages.
- Best Overall - Under 18: $500 First Place, $250 Second Place, $100 Third Place
- Best Overall - Over 18: $500 First Place, $250 Second Place, $100 Third Place
- Runners Up: Most Creative ($100), Most Action-Inspiring ($100), Most Educational ($100)
Please be sure to review the full terms and conditions of the contest before submitting your video. Read the legal conditions >
Videos should be a maximum of 1 minute in length. All content must align with the climate change information presented on Mass Audubon's website; this will ensure each video includes up-to-date information and the best actions we can take to make a difference.
Each submission will be judged on its effectiveness at inspiring action; effectiveness and accuracy in educating; creativity; accessibility (does it reach a diverse audience?); and video production quality.
Tips for Creating a Winning Video
- Map out a plan for the video in advance.
- Watch the pace—keep it moving quickly.
- Avoid copyrighted music.
- Keep the camera steady.
- Video file format must be one of the following: .mov, .avi, .mpeg, .m4v
- Filename must include your first name, last name, and submission title (e.g. JaneSmith_MyClimateVideo)
- After uploading, email email@example.com with the following: your full name, video title, age, town, and school (if applicable)
Submissions due by November 10, 2019, at 11:59 pm ET.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.