Summer Camp at Drumlin Farm
At Mass Audubon’s Drumlin Farm Summer Day Camp in Lincoln, and at our satellite camp locations in Sudbury, we develop an appreciation of nature. Campers gain confidence and comfort being in the natural world and understand the interconnectedness among people, land, and wildlife.
We design and structure our camp program with three main concepts:
- Community: Our staff works to build a supportive camp community. While campers are building friendships they are also learning about their place in natural communities. They learn to respect their peers and the diversity of their surroundings.
- Interdependence: Our camp program focuses on the interdependence of all living things. Campers learn this through chores they do on the farmyard, explorations of habitats, and foods they grow and prepare to share together as a community.
- Conservation: our ethic is one of preserving the land for people and wildlife. Campers have many opportunities to learn and take responsibility for how they can participate in the stewardship of the natural world.
We have been offering summer camp experiences since 1956. We have a highly dedicated and knowledgeable staff and we maintain low camper-to-staff ratios to allow for small group learnings. Trained and qualified camp staff build a connection between young people and the land through hands-on farm and nature activities, games, and crafts. Staff are carefully selected based on their maturity, enthusiasm, teaching experience, knowledge of natural history and farming, and deep commitment to teaching you people about the natural world. The average staff-to-camper ratio is 1:5 for younger campers and 1:7 for older campers.
We offer three unique settings for our summer camps:
- At Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary, located 15 miles west of Boston, in Lincoln on 206 acres of land.
- At Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge, located at 680 Hudson Road in Sudbury.
- At Wolbach Farm, headquarters of Sudbury Valley Trustees, located at 18 Wolbach Road in Sudbury.
Drumlin Farm Day Camp is licensed by the state of Massachusetts and accredited by the American Camp Association.