About Wellfleet Bay
Wellfleet Bay provides peace and unmatched beauty on the hillsides and shoreline overlooking Wellfleet Harbor. Extensive trails bring you to a panoramic salt marsh, sandy barrier beach, and pine woodlands, each attracting a wide array of wildlife. The sanctuary features a universally accessible trail and an award-winning “green” nature center with numerous exhibits and aquariums.
- Fiddler crabs scurrying in the salt marsh and green herons fishing in Goose Pond.
- Summer camp programs in Wellfleet and Chatham designed to promote curiosity about the natural world.
- Year-round programs for all ages based on research and conservation projects focusing on threatened shorebirds, terrapins, horseshoe crabs, and sea turtles.
- Hands-on activities during wildlife cruises in Cape Cod Bay and Nauset Marsh.
- Cape Cod Field School with courses for adults that focus on the area's unique coastal environment and wildlife.
291 State Highway, Route 6, South Wellfleet, MA 02663
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 236, South Wellfleet, MA 02663
Get directions or contact us >
Memorial Day–Columbus Day: Nature Center daily, 8:30 am–5:00pm; Trails, daily, 8 am–dusk
Columbus Day–Memorial Day: Nature Center Tuesday–Sunday, 8:30 am–5:00pm, Closed Mondays; Trails daily, 8 am–dusk
Nonmembers: $5 Adults, $3 Seniors (65+), $3 Children (2-12)