IBA Partners & Resources
Partners who have assisted with the IBA nomination process
- The Lloyd Center for Environmental Studies
- Manomet Center for Conservation Sciences
- Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation
- Massachusetts Executive Office of Environmental Affairs
- Massachusetts Natural Heritage and Endangered Species program
- Members of Massachusetts bird clubs
- National Park Service
- The Nature Conservancy
- The Trustees of Reservations
- University of Massachusetts
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- American Bird Conservancy: IBA Information
- Canadian IBA program
- Department of Defense: IBAs (links to descriptions of military IBAs)
- EPA and Bird Conservation: many conservation links
- National Audubon Society’s National IBA program overview
Of Interest to Birders
- Birding Community E-bulletin: a service to active and concerned birders, those dedicated to the joys of birding and the protection of birds and their habitats.
Resources for Citations, Nomination Forms, Maps of Nominated Sites
- Audubon Christmas Bird Count Results provides species count totals based on Christmas Bird Count circles from 1900 to present.
- Bird Conservation Plans for each physiographic area and/or state in the U.S.
- Bird Source: This is an interactive "citizen science" web page where you can provide and exchange bird data with scientists and birders.
- Breeding Bird Survey data provides a database of all breeding bird surveys conducted between 1966 and 1999. This interactive web page allows you to search for a particular species and gather data on a species' status by region or state.
- Maptech: enter a location and get a topo map and Lat/Long coordinates
- Massachusetts Geographic Information Systems
- North American Colonial Waterbird Conservation Plan
- Partners in Flight
- U.S. Shorebird Conservation Plan
- USGS: Christmas Bird Count data. Find distribution maps and population trends. This page provides maps and population trends based on annual christmas bird censuses, under Western Hemisphere.
- Western Hemisphere Shorebird Reserve Network: This site provides information on research, conservation, and status of Western Hemisphere shorebirds throughout their entire range.