A Clean Energy Future for Massachusetts
An Act to Secure a Clean Energy Future
SD757 • HD1248
Sponsored by Senator Marc Pacheco (Taunton) & Representative Ruth B. Balser (Newton)
The climate of Massachusetts is already changing, and with it, our natural lands, waters, and wildlife. These changes affect our health, the nature we love, and the natural resources on which we depend.
We still have time to correct our course and align Massachusetts' climate strategy with the best scientific data available to ensure that the policies we put in place lower our greenhouse gas emissions while creating a flourishing clean energy economy.
This bill would:
- Set emissions reduction requirements in line with the latest climate science
- Increase the renewable portion of the state’s energy portfolio
- Set zero-emissions standards for state-owned or leased vehicle
- Eliminate the Solar Net Metering Cap
- Define "environmental justice population" and prohibit the denial of energy programs to consumers on the basis of a protected class
- Set deadlines for the implementation of a market-based compliance mechanism for the transportation, commercial/industrial/ institutional, and residential building sectors