Although the Division of Ecological Restoration (DER) is not supporting new beetle releases, there are ample opportunities to involve students in continuing to map and monitor purple loosestrife andgalurucellabeetles.
- Help your community inventory purple loosestrife infestations, by mapping locations. Go to CItsci.org to report your findings.
- Inventory biocontrol beetles and damage at sites away from known release sites. For a map of past beetle releases, see page three of the Guidance Document
- Conduct biological monitoring at sites in your area where biocontrol treatments have occurred. See the Guidance Document for the Purple Loosestrife Biocontrol Project for more details about the monitoring protocol.
- Collect and raise more beetles to be released at biocontrol treatment site(s). See the Beetle Rearing Proticol in the in the Guidance Document
- See Purple Loosestrife Biocontrol Project - Timeline for Possible Activities for details.
The following download is for informational purposes only.