Wildlife Care Internship
Jobs at Drumlin Farm
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Wildlife Care Internship - Fall 2021
Location: Lincoln, MA
Assist Drumlin Farm's Wildlife Care staff with the general care and maintenance of a collection of native non-releasable wildlife.
- Diet preparation,
- Enclosure maintenance and cleaning, feeding,
- Some animal handling with the supervision of staff members,
- Interns will also have the opportunity to observe animal training, minor medical procedures, and more advanced handling of raptors and mammals,
- Interns will develop an independent project of interest to be completed in full during the course of the internship.
- A recent college graduate or current college student pursuing a degree in Biology, Zoology, Ecology, or a related field,
- Demonstrate a sincere passion for working with captive wildlife,
- Candidates must be driven and responsible self-starters who work effectively both independently and as a team player,
- Interest in sharing information in a professional manner through informal education with farm visitors,
- Ability to work in a physically demanding, fast-paced environment, on all types of terrain and in all weather conditions,
- Ability to lift and haul up to 50 lbs., including bags of grain and bales of straw,
- Successful candidates will also need to pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and driver's).
Compensation and Benefits
This is an unpaid internship.
The position is for Fall of 2021 (starting as early as August). The minimum commitment is 2 full days/week for at least 3 months.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to: