Visitor Services Staff – Part Time
Visitor Services Staff – Part Time - Berkshire Wildlife Sanctuaries
Mass Audubon’s Berkshire Wildlife Sanctuaries seeks an energetic, organized and team-oriented Visitor Services and Membership staff person based at our Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary in Lenox, Mass. The candidate will have diverse responsibilities, including key roles interacting with the public to provide a safe hiking experience in our Lenox sanctuary.
The position is year round on Sundays, May-Oct. 7 hours/week, Nov-April, 6 hours/week. Also possible Monday holidays and vacation fill-ins.
This position involves answering the phones, greeting visitors, registering people for programs and memberships, assisting in the nature gift shop, and helping with various office projects. Staff person will need to understand our trail system and give advice on best hikes for visitors. Training is provided.
- Greet visitors, answer phones and provide trail information to visitors;
- Answer phone calls and provide guidance regarding wildlife situations;
- Assist callers and visitors in online program registrations;
- Understand and offer membership opportunities to visitors;
- Assist in Berkshire Nature Camp registrations;
- Use a cash register and credit card machine for admissions and gift shop sales;
- Occasional assistance during special events;
- Keeping the signage and brochures current on bulletin boards and in gift shop;
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills;
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently;
- Ability to take calls and interact with multiple visitors on busy days;
- Able to work in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Able to navigate Mass Audubon website for information and use the internal OPR computer system to register visitors and campers for programs;
- A desire to hike is a plus;
- Successful candidates must pass a background record check (CORI and SORI).
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation $15/hour. Free membership to all Mass Audubon locations.
How to Apply
To be considered, please email or mail ALL of the following to:
2) Cover Letter
3) 3 References
472 West Mountain Rd, Lenox, MA 01240