Visitor Services Representative
Mass Audubon is looking for an energetic, organized, team-oriented Visitor Services Representative to perform the day-to-day duties of visitor engagement operations and to ensure an overall positive, welcoming, enriching, and safe experience to all of our members, visitors, and guests. The Visitor Services Representative is specifically responsible for providing excellent customer service while greeting and registering visitors in person and by phone, providing orientation to the sanctuary, directing visitors throughout the property and trail systems, answering questions about events and programs, monitoring building and grounds, introducing visitors to the many benefits of Mass Audubon membership, and generally educating guests about Mass Audubon. The Visitor Services Representative has an important and integral role as a welcoming, customer-oriented ambassador of Mass Audubon properties, programs, and mission.
- Greet and provide information to members, visitors, and guests regarding visitor center, sanctuary, trails, programs, and Mass Audubon in general.
- Answer phone calls/monitor voice mails and provide information, guidance and direction.
- Assist with program registrations.
- Update visitor signage, brochures and bulletin board information.
- Understand and promote membership opportunities.
- Use a cash register and credit card machine for sales and admissions.
- Monitor radio and be prepared to serve as primary communication point-of-contact in case of emergency per standing policies and procedures.
- Handle opening and closing procedures including end-of-day register sales tallying.
- Assist with visitor services volunteer training and work cooperatively with volunteers.
- Work with Property staff to monitor trail conditions.
- Provide visitor services duties at other sanctuaries within Metro South Region where necessary.
- Attend trainings and meetings when requested.
- Periodically may be asked to work from greeting table outdoors during special events, etc.
- Assist in cleaning and sanitation in accordance with COVID-19 compliance plan.
- Occasionally assist during peak periods such as holiday weekends or special events.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. Associates degree or equivalent experience a plus.
- Customer Service/Visitor Service experience preferred.
- Formal training or other experience in either the natural sciences or education preferred.
- Excellent people skills and enthusiasm for a team working environment.
- Organized with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong desire to achieve results in meeting sales goals and demonstrated ability to effectively promote goods or services.
- Office skills including computer, copier, scanning, and phone system.
- Experience with varied computer software programs (Office 365, Outlook, Word, Excel).
- A demonstrated ability to work well with other staff, volunteers, and community representatives as well as independently when necessary.
- CPR/First Aid Certification or willingness to get certification.
- Ability to relate to a diverse range of people and exercise cultural competence and inclusion.
- Requires successful completion of a CORI and SORI.
Compensation and Benefits
$15.75 per hour
Scheduled hours are 8:30am-4:30pm Sunday and Wednesday
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted
How to Apply
Please include resume, cover letter and separate page containing contact information of two professional references. When applying by e-mail, please use “Visitor Services Applicant” for subject line and send to: